• Nickelodeon movie Fred 3: Camp Fred will be debuting on the cable network on Saturday, July 28, at 8 p.m. Here is a clip with Fred (Lucas Cruikshank) and his dad (John Cena) from the movie. In other Camp Fred news, Nickelodeon has some Camp Fred-inspired summer camp games you can play on their site.
• Added Sufjan Stevens and Carly Simon to the famous alumni list. Email us if you know the names of the camp they attended.
• James Holmes, the alleged shooter in the movie theater shootings in Aurora, Colorado is a former summer camp counselor.
• The Daily Caller went all Joseph McCarthy era this week running a story about a White House administration appointment nominee’s connection to a Jewish summer camp that spawned ridicule and criticism from the liberal leaning and some head scratching from others (I thought the article was a joke at first).
• A Missouri Eagle Scout was recently given the heave-ho as a summer camp counselor because he was gay, according to news reports.
• Business Week wrote about “The Ivy League of Adolescent Summer Camps.”
• Ok Go, a band known for their creative videos that have gotten millions of hits on YouTube is hosting an online summer camp.
• The New York Times gave Gaga some much-deserved ink.
What did I miss this week?