• A Chicken McNugget resembling George Washington fetched $8,100 on eBay recently in an auction the Nebraska woman who discovered the McNugget posted to raise money to send kids to summer camp.
• A Palm Beach Post investigation in Florida found that “Weak laws pave way for child sex abuse” at summer camps.”
• Experiences at summer camp inspired this blogger to write a poem.
• A Kickstarter campaign for an anti-bullying webseries set at a fictional “Jedi Camp” ended with enough backers – including yours truly – coming through in the final hours to fully fund the project.
• With all the stories that come out this time of year about so-called innovative summer camps that aren’t really summer camps, it’s nice to see a story like this one in the Minneapolis StarTribune focusing on the traditional summer camp experience.
• Here’s a good reminder this time of year: “Summer camp teaches kids about independence.”
What did I miss this week in the world of summer camps?